I think it's fairly safe to say that I love working out. I love the adrenaline. I love the endorphins. I love the people you meet. Tonight I finally went to a free outdoor class from Mountain Athletics/November Project. You want a summary?
- Meet up with my friend Dani who is just the most delightful human and the reason I finally made it to one of these.
- Find the pole that signifies where to meet up.
- A stranger comes over and hugs me because that's just what they do at November Project.
- Everyone introduces themselves and what they are training for.
- Warm up (I remember nothing but there were lots of burpees).
- Arms: 8 rounds (I think)- 5 push ups, 5 burpees, 5 tricep dips
- Legs: 10 air squats, 10 lunge jumps, 20 toe taps
- During legs I notice a little girl watching us so when I finish I ask if she wants to learn what we are doing. She is mildly interested and then we race up a hill because she likes running.
- Abs - plank, side plank, butterflies, jog around the park but none of this matters because Emily joins us for the entire ab set and says awesome things like I can see the moon, I'm tired but I can keep going, I'm going faster than you and I'm a superhero. She is the very definition of #littlebutfierce.
- Workout done - cool down.
The workout and the people were definitely great but Emily reminded me why I want to train people. She's curious, confident and wants to workout with these adults that she doesn't know. It's infectious. And that. Right there. That is what I want to do with my life. I want to work in fitness with children. I don't want to be a gym teacher. I want to be outdoors or doing special programs with kids. I have no idea how one does that but it was likely the greatest moment of my year.